This directory contains analysis output, with some of the most enriched data, typically for specific purposes.
A growing threat to life: Taser useage by Greater Manchester Police
The following analyses were generated for our inaugural report published in August 2019. They roughly cover the period 2010-2019.
- 0001-use-of-force has data around police use of force across police forces in England and Wales, broken down by age, disability, and ethnicity
- 0002-demographics-by-police-force-area has demographics of ethnic groups from the 2011 census mapped to English and Welsh police force areas. This is useful for being able to produce accurate reports on over or under representation of different groups
- 0003-police-workforce-by-year provides annual data on police workforce FTE by police force and year
- 0004-taser-usage joins multiple datasets together to be able to show the amount of different types of taser usage, broken down by police force and year
- 0005-taser-use-by-ethnicity shows analysis of racial disproportionality in 2018-19 reporting period
- 0006-taser-use-by-disability ditto but for disability stats
- 0007-taser-use-by-age ditto but for age stats
- 0008-total-taser-use-by-year use of taser totals across the whole of England and Wales, most useful for earlier years where this data is not broken down by police force
- 0009-use-of-force has data around police use of force across police forces in England and Wales, broken down by age, disability, and ethnicity for 2018-2020. Replaces 0001-use-of-force.